Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fire up chips!


Do my eyes deceive me? Because in this picture of my friend Jen I do believe she is wearing a pair of CMU shorts!!!!!!

My hunch is that the costume folks for Marley & Me, the movie she is currently filming with Owen Wilson, must be connected to good ole' Central Michigan University, because really, why else would she be wearing those?

The movie is based on this book so if you've read it and have any insight about a CMU connection I would love to hear from you!

Anyway, rah! rah! rah! for the issuers of my Bachelor Degree!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoot Whoot!! GO CHIPS!!!

Anonymous said...

Where the tweet did you get that photo?

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your CMU bubble but I was bored and thought I'd look it up for you because I was curious to and I found this on some message board.

"by kavitabk at 01:22 PM on 03/18/08
Reply by Email
*

This is how much my Midwesternism is ingrained in me--I saw the shorts and thought--"Woohoo Central Michigan University!" But yeah, then I realized it's Carnegie Mellon."

Anonymous said...

Heather you totally need to click on the pic so it's bigger. You can clearly see the Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Yep, you're right!(I forgot they got bigger when you click on them, lol!) Interesting... I'm not much of a celeb follower but for some reason I really like Jen.

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about the costume.

"# Marylou said:

This is an on-set picture from the filming of Marley and Me. CMU must be the alma mater of Jennifer Grogan, the character she is playing, or perhaps her husband John Grogan.

Posted on March 18, 2008 12:41 PM"

I can't believe how MANY websites there are already about this picture. I also can't believe I've spent so much time thinking about it! Thanks for infecting me with OCD Stace. :-)

Anonymous said...

John Grogan graduated from Central Michigan University, and the university's logo is, indeed, on the shorts. I hear that the shorts made it into the movie, too.