Thursday, April 3, 2008

Love This

In addition to scrounging in the mailroom for magazines, another perk of my job is the CD's. I am in contact with a lot of music publishers and record labels and they often send me advanced copies. It's fun to hear new music and I usually listen to them while I'm working.

I received Leona Lewis' single "Bleeding Love" awhile ago. Since then I have heard it on the radio and I truly think it's fantastic. She has a phenomenal voice and the song has proved to be an addiction for me.

On Monday I received the full CD, called Spirit which will be released on Tuesday, April 8th. Wow! It's been a long time since I've listened to a whole CD by a new artist and just been blown away by every single song. It opens with "Bleeding Love" which as I said I am addicted to. It's a pop song, it was actually co-written by Jesse McCartney, but I'm not ashamed to be a fan of pop. It has a beautiful message, and I have to try not to listen to it on repeat. She also does a cover of Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" which is haunting.

I'm not a music critic, but I really love this CD. She's the first new artist to get my attention since Amy Winehouse.

0 comments: