Friday, April 18, 2008

The Birds are Singing

It's not quite 9 am on a Friday morning. I am alone in my house and I will be all day. This is the beginning of my 4 day weekend. Four days that will usher me into being closer to 40 than 30. That's funny. My age doesn't really bother me, in my head I still feel very young. I often wonder who let me have children, buy a house, have a job with responsibility? Lately as I meet more and more people where we live, mostly parents of Ryann's friends, I find myself assuming that most of them are older than I am. Not in a judgemental sort of way, just in a way that I feel they have a maturity about them that I don't see in myself. Then I get to know them and find out that they are usually 1 - 5 years younger. Snap.

The birds are singing like mad right now, and the temperature is supposed to be near 77. You really can't beat that. Today I plan tasks of a menial nature. I have to go to the grocery store, I may try to get an oil change and my brakes checked. An eyebrow wax would be nice. If I am really on the ball I may even go renew my license and tabs. But the main plan is to just slow down and enjoy life. We have a crazy, activity filled weekend, but I want to try to be in every moment as much as I can. I'm tired of rushing around and not really watching what's going on around me. I'm tired of not breathing, absorbing, comprehending all the cool things in my life. This weekend is all about me. Not really, but it feels nice to type that.

On another note, I know that I have mentioned JamsBio here before. Well the site is open to the public now. You have to register with your email and a password, but it's a great site where people have written out their memories associated with their favorite songs. To commemorate the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller album (yeah, how's that for a reality check) they are having a Thriller memory contest. If you click here you can read my Thriller memory. Before you click I will warn you. If you are my mother or someone who is like a mother to me, and after you read my Thriller memory you are inclined to read more of my memories, enter at your own risk. You may find out some things you didn't want to know :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thriller...to this day, I still cannot watch that video. Those yellow cat eyes, combined w/Vincent Price's creepy voice, scared (and scarred) the bejesus out of me. I kid you not, I have to turn it off at the first note, or I get completely freaked out.

I know, I'm weird. I've come to terms with that...LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok, just started to read your JamsBio writings, and can I just tell you, the summer after 8th grade, we went to Pine Knob to see *I think* NKOTB and the opener was Linear. I caught the lead singer's tank top (we were in the 2nd row) when he ripped it off and threw it in to the audience. I think I held on to it until I was packing up my bedroom to move out when I got married..he he he

You are the only other person I know who will admit to even knowing of a Linear song, let alone liking a Linear song. Awesome! :P

Anonymous said...

THANK you for getting back to me. I cannot believe I deleted your address! I was nuts thinking I was missing out! I was able to read yesterday and I tried to comment on Thriller but I don't think it went through. I am SO woefully bad at the computer!

Happy day after your birthday! I don't feel MY age either till I look in the mirror. Gulp!

You brighten my day! Thanks!

Love, Sid